Removal of germs such as the virus that causes COVID-19 requires thorough cleaning followed by disinfection.
Coronaviruses can survive on surfaces for many hours or more, therefore it is good practice to routinely clean surfaces as follows:
Clean frequently touched surfaces with detergent solution
Including door handles, tabletops, light switches.
- Should be frequently, mechanically cleaned.
- Detergent solution or detergent/ disinfectant wipes can be used (so long as mechanical cleaning is achieved).
Clean general surfaces and fittings when visibly soiled and immediately after any spillage
Including floors, ceilings, walls, blinds.
- Detergent solution/wipes are adequate for cleaning general surfaces and non-patient care areas.
- Damp mopping is preferable to dry mopping.
- Walls and blinds should be cleaned when visibly dusty or soiled.
- Window curtains should be regularly changed in addition to being cleaned when soiled.
- Sinks and basins should be cleaned on a regular basis.
How can we help to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Hand hygiene is the single most important way to prevent the spread of infection.
- Sneeze/cough etiquette and respiratory hygiene is the best defense against respiratory viruses.
- Practice physical distancing (stay more than 1.5 meters from people, if possible) and if unwell, avoid contact with others.
For the latest advice, information and resources, go to https://www.health.gov.au/
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (08) 9345 0499.